Kyoto and Nara in a Day - Japanspecialist
Get to know the best of two of Japan's most historic cities; Kyoto and Nara.
This package offers guests the chance to visit landmarks like Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, The Kyoto Imperial Palace, and tour scenic sightseeing spots like Todai-ji temple and Kasuga Taisha shrine in Nara. A highlight is exploring Nara Park, where you can walk around the picturesque park while also meeting the free-roaming cheeky deers. All this is with the accompaniment of an English-speaking guide for a stress-free experience.
Our tour starts at Avanti's Sunrise Tours Desk/ Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo. Please arrive 10 minutes before departure. After meeting your guide, you'll depart as a group by bus to our first sight-seeing location.
Sit back and enjoy the scenic bus ride as Kyoto's suburbs zip by while our guide runs you through the day's program and the ins and outs of Kyoto and Nara.
The tour kicks off with two UNESCO World Heritage sites. The first location is Nijo Castle, which, artfully crafted from cypress wood, was home to some of the area's most iconic shoguns (political leaders).
Next up is Kinkaku-ji Temple, better known as the 'Golden Pavilion,' as it's covered with thin layers of real gold leaf. The spectacular pavilion looks as if it is floating above the surrounding pond.
The tour will also visit the former Imperial Palace. However, we will visit the Nishi Honganji Temple instead on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
After lunch, we leave for Nara Park, where we visit Todai-ji, an architectural wonder and once a holder of the title for the world's largest wooden construction. Todai-ji is also home to an impressive 15m tall bronze Buddha. From there, the tour visits the vermillion Kasuga Taisha Shrine, one of the tour's other UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Strolling through Nara Park, you will be able to meet the crowds of deer that love to welcome and follow guests and love eating treats. Finally, before returning to Kyoto, the tour stops off at some of the city's best souvenir shops, so you're sure to find the perfect memento.
The tour finishes at Avanti's Sunrise Tours Desk/ Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo.
Customise this tour with one of our travel consultants today!
We believe that every trip to Japan should be unique, comfortable, and full of memories that last a lifetime. Our experienced travel consultants are available to help you create your dream holiday.
Length: One day (11 hours)
Visiting places: Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Tōdai-ji Temple, Nara Park, Kasuga Taisha Shrine
Departing from: Kyoto
Price: EUR 150,-
- The tour may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants (1) is not achieved 4 days before the scheduled start date.
- When the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays etc.) you will be taken to Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead.
- On January 25 and October 25 Nishi Hongan-ji Temple will be visited instead of the Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays (and Wednesdays if Tuesday is a national holiday) in January, July, August, and December. An alternative destination is Ryoan-ji Temple.
- There is a 15-minute walk from the carpark to the Todai-ji Temple.
- If someone in your group uses crutches or a wheelchair or has a persistent ailment that makes walking long distances problematic, please let us know when making your reservation.
- If Nara Nagomikan is closed on the day of the tour or inaccessible due to road congestion, it may be excluded from the itinerary.
- A sedan or taxi van may be used instead of a bus, depending on the number of attendees.
- Lunch is provided as a set menu. For vegetarian or other dietary options please consult with your agent at the time of booking.
- Admission fees