Tsukiji Market and Sushi Workshop - Japanspecialist
A culinary adventure through Tsukiji.
Discover the world-famous Tsukiji Market and wander through the market's hundreds of shops and restaurants, including plenty of excellent sushi and fresh seafood stores. After this visit, you'll meet a Tsukiji sushi chef who teaches you the proper techniques to make classic sushi dishes, including rolls and nigiri with fresh seasonal products. Once you have created your delicious masterpieces, it’s time to eat!
You'll meet your guide at Tsukiji Hongan-ji Temple, in front of the main entrance. Please arrive 10 minutes early with your voucher.
Welcome to the largest seafood marketplace in the world. Here people start their day long before the sun comes up, so when you arrive, the market will be in full swing.
When you arrive, it's time to discover the gems that this sprawling market has to offer, with your guide answering your questions along the way. You'll also learn all about the various ingredients you will use as part of your sushi-making experience.
Following your tour of the marketplace, you'll make your way to a local sushi restaurant to begin your course in the Japanese culinary art of sushi making.
Here you'll meet a Tsukiji sushi chef who teaches you how to make sushi with seasonal seafood ingredients. Then, it's time to taste your creations.
The tour finishes at the end of the sushi-making experience.
Length: Half day (3.5 hours)
Visiting places: Tokyo’s Tsukiji Market
Departing from: Tokyo
Price: EUR 120,- (learn more about prices)
- The tour may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants (1) is not achieved 7 days before the scheduled start date. Please provide us with contact details in advance so we can contact you in the event of any changes to the tour.
- The sushi-making workshop may be held in Ginza instead of at the market. In that case, the tour will end at Ginza Station.
- This tour will not be impacted by rain.
- Please follow the instructions of your guide carefully, especially in crowded areas.
- This tour is not available for children aged 5 and under.
- It is not possible to offer allergy-friendly or vegetarian options.
- Please wear suitable clothing.
- This tour will not visit the tuna auctions.
- Please pay attention to forklifts and other vehicles in the market
- The sushi-making workshop may be conducted with other groups.
- One-way transportation expenses from Tsukijishijo Station to - Tsukiji Station or Ginza-itchome Station (only in case of change in experience venue)
- Sushi-making experience