Nara Half-day Tour - Japanspecialist
Experience Nara's highlights on this wonderful half-day tour.
On this tour, you'll get to know Nara, Japan's first capital established 1,300 years ago. You'll explore the city's ancient temples, two World Heritage Sites: the Todai-ji Temple and the Kasuga Taisha Shrine, and enjoy a relaxed afternoon in Nara Park, meeting Nara's friendly roaming deer.
You'll meet your guide at Avanti's Sunrise Tours Desk. Please arrive 10 minutes early. Transportation is generally by bus, but depending on the number of participants, it may be by a sedan, or taxi van.
The first location you'll visit is the World Heritage site Todai-ji Temple. This Buddhist temple is the symbol of the Nara period, and its Great Buddha Hall houses the world's largest bronze statue of the Buddha Vairocana.
Kasuga Grand Shrine is Nara's most celebrated Shinto shrine, established at the same time as the capital in Nara, and was built by the Fujiwara family. The interior is famous for its many bronze lanterns and the stone lanterns that lead up the shrine.
Visit Nara's largest gift shop to find the perfect souvenir. Nara Nagomikan may be left off the itinerary if it is closed on the day of the tour or due to traffic congestion.
Return to Kyoto. Check the most convenient drop off location with your guide.
Customise this tour with one of our travel consultants today!
We believe that every trip to Japan should be unique, comfortable, and full of memories that last a lifetime. Our experienced travel consultants are available to help you create your dream holiday.
Length: Half day (7 hours)
Visiting places: Todai-ji Temple, Nara Park, Kasuga Taisha Shrine
Departing from: Kyoto
Price: EUR 80,-
- Due to traffic constraints, drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable during the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15-16).
- From the parking area, participants will walk to Todai-ji Temple (about 15 min one-way).
- If someone in your group uses crutches or a wheelchair or has a persistent ailment that makes walking long distances problematic, please let us know when making your reservation.
- The tour at Kasuga Taisha Shrine does not include access to sections that need admission.
- If Nara Nagomikan is closed on the day of the tour or inaccessible due to road congestion, it may be excluded from the itinerary.
- Depending on road conditions and traffic congestion, the order of activities and arrival times may vary.
- Seats may not include reservations.
- A sedan or taxi van may be used instead of a bus, depending on the amount of attendees.
- Guests can be dropped off at the following locations: Kyoto Hotel Okura, Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto (limited to staying guests), Karasuma Kyoto Hotel, Sunrise Tours Desk in Avanti (across from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit), Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto, Kyoto Hotel Tokyu, ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto, Kyoto Tower (Kyoto Station Karasuma Exit)
- Transportation costs mentioned within the tour