Maiko Dinner in Kyoto - Japanspecialist
Enter the world of the apprentice geisha and taste authentic Japanese cuisine.
On this unforgettable tour, you'll have the chance to meet a maiko, an apprentice geisha. The experience includes a Japanese style dinner and maiko performance. You will be able to play traditional Japanese-style games with the maiko before taking pictures to immortalize this moment.
Meet at Kyoto Hot Spring Hatoya Zuihokaku Hotel lobby. Please arrive 10 minutes early.
Enjoy a Japanese diner and experience traditional Japanese culture. During this dinner, you'll watch a maiko performance, practice classic Japanese-style party games and you will be able to take pictures with the maiko.
At the end of the dinner please head back to your hotel or next destination independently.
Length: Two hours (18:30 - 20:30)
Visiting places: Kyoto
Departing from: Kyoto
Price: EUR 160,- (learn more about prices)
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- The venue will change depending on the number of participants. Please note that this cannot be selected.
- In general, the dance will be performed by 1 maiko using recorded music.
The maiko will play traditional Japanese-style games with a few participants as part of the show. Due to tour time restrictions, the experience will not be available for all participants. Thank you for your understanding.
- Depending on facility circumstances, the tour may be led to a different venue. In such case, as the tour will need to transfer to another venue, the tour end time will be around 20:30. Information about a change in venue will be provided on the day during the meet-up, so customers are advised to leave enough time for any plans after the tour ends.
- A National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter accompanies this tour.
- Enjoy kaiseki cuisine meal prepared with seasonal ingredients. As the menu is kaiseki cuisine that is prepared with seasonal ingredients, the menu will be changed accordingly. The menu will vary depending on the venue on the day.
- For customers that would like a vegetarian meal, Buddhist-style vegetarian cuisine is provided. Generally, this is a menu that does not use animal-based ingredients, however, bonito stock is used in a portion of meals. The bonito stock cannot be removed or changed for another ingredient. Please be aware of this when making a booking. For customers that would like to change to Buddhist-style vegetarian cuisine, please make a request at least 5 business days prior to the day of the tour. Requests made any later will not be accepted. Additional food and drink orders must be paid for separately at the location.
- Additional food orders