Kyoto Uji Tea Tour - Japanspecialist
Stroll Kyoto’s tea town and enjoy a Japanese tea ceremony.
Located between Kyoto and Nara, Uji is a famous tea town home to some of the nation's best matcha. Join this tour to learn about Japanese tea ceremonies as you sample some of the finest matcha and green tea. Along the way, the tour also visits the stunning Byodo-in Temple.
Meet your guide at Miyako Hotel Kyoto Hachijo (Formerly: New Miyako Hotel)・Sunrise Tour Desk. Please arrive 10 minutes before departure. You'll walk to Kyoto Station and take the train to Uji.
First, you'll head to the morning tea ceremony at a local tea house. Along the way, you'll visit Uji Bridge, which was built in the 7th century making it one of the oldest bridges in Japan. You'll then arrive at Taihoan Tea House, where you'll learn about and experience a traditional tea ceremony.
At the end of the morning, you'll visit Byodo-in Temple, a registered World Heritage destination and part of the Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto. The picturesque temple was built at the end of the Heian Era. The temple's hall, Phoenix Hall, is immortalized on the 10 yen coin.
At the end of the visit, you'll head back to the train station with your guide.
Upon arrival at Kyoto Station you are free to continue your day as you wish.
Customise this tour with one of our travel consultants today!
We believe that every trip to Japan should be unique, comfortable, and full of memories that last a lifetime. Our experienced travel consultants are available to help you create your dream holiday.
Length: Half day (4 hours)
Visiting places: Byodo-in Temple, Uji Bridge, Taihoan Tea House
Departing from: Kyoto
Price: EUR 80,-
- The tour may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants (2) is not achieved 4 days before the scheduled start date.
- If the Phoenix Hall at the Byodo-in Temple is at full capacity participants will be refunded JPY 300.
- This tour uses public transport without seat reservations. Please note, that seating cannot be guaranteed.
- Please wear suitable footwear as this tour involves a significant amount of walking.
- Depending on road conditions and traffic congestion, the order of activities and arrival times may vary.
- In the event of high-water levels on the Uji River the tour may not be able to stop at Nakanoshima Park
- The tea ceremony may use matcha tea or sencha tea, depending on the day.
- The ceremony may also be performed with other customers.
- Admission fees
- Transportation costs