Kyoto Samurai Experience - Japanspecialist
Samurai Experience & Kembu Show at the Samurai Kembu Theatre.
Discover the way of the samurai in this immersive experience. During the tour, you'll witness a Kembu (sword dancing) show and learn about samurai culture, sword techniques, and etiquette. There's also plenty of opportunities to dress in traditional samurai clothes for that once in a lifetime photo.
Make your way to Samurai Kembu Theatre to meet your guides.
Performed by Kembu masters, the stage show also provides an explanation of Japanese culture throughout the demonstration.
This is a chance for you to take photos with the Kembu performers.
You can use this time to visit the souvenir corner and prepare for the costume experience.
Here you'll learn how to wield the sword like a real samurai. Participants are welcome to also try on a samurai costume and take photos.
Guests depart independently.
Customise this tour with one of our travel consultants today!
We believe that every trip to Japan should be unique, comfortable, and full of memories that last a lifetime. Our experienced travel consultants are available to help you create your dream holiday.
Length: Half day (3 hours)
Visiting places: Watch a Kembu show, learn how to hold a Japanese sword, try on samurai attire.
Departing from: Kyoto
Price: EUR 80,-
- Certain tour dates may be cancelled or tour operations may be halted entirely, depending on operational circumstances.
- Please provide the names of all participants when making your reservation.
- During the experience and performance, all explanations will be provided in English.
- The samurai experience makes use of practice swords, however please follow the local staff's directions to ensure a safe experience.
- This experience is unavailable to children under the age of 5 years old.
- Please dress in comfortable clothing that allows you to move around freely. Participants will get to wear traditional samurai footwear as part of the samurai experience.
- Attendees should meet at the Samurai Kembu Theatre at 14:15
Samurai Kembu Kyoto Theatre
Address: B1F Gozan Bldg., 35-7 Sanchome, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
Access: 5 min on foot from Sanjo Keihan Station (Tozai Subway Line) or Sanjo Station (Keihan Main Line)
- Admission fees
- Audio Guide: Chinese, Spanish, Italian, French, Thai, Indonesian
- Food and drinks