Afternoon Sightseeing in Kyoto - Japanspecialist
An adventure-filled half-day exploring Kyoto's treasures.
Get ready for a half-day adventure-filled afternoon exploring Kyoto’s must-see attractions. This tour stops off at the World Heritage recognized Kiyomizu-dera Temple and the iconic Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, famous for its thousands of brilliant red torii gates. You’ll finish the day admiring the sunset over the city from Sanjusangen-do Temple.
You’ll meet your guide at Sunrise Tours Desk inside Avanti (across from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit). All transportation on this tour is by bus, but, depending on the number of participants, it may be by sedan or taxi van instead.
The first stop is Fushimi Inari Shrine in southern Kyoto. Dating back to 794, it’s famous for its thousands of vermilion torii gates. It is the head shrine of Japan’s 40,000 Inari-jinja shrines. The mountain trails behind the shrine main buildings lead into the wooded forest of the sacred Mount Inari.
Sanjusangen-do Temple, a National Treasure of Japan, is next on the tour, it’s famous for its massively long main hall housing 1,001 standing life-size Buddhist Kannon statues dating back to the 13th century.
Kiyomizu-dera (literally “Pure Water Temple”) is one of the most celebrated Buddhist temples of Japan, founded in 780 in the wooded hills east of Kyoto.
Enjoy the scenic view from its 13-meter-tall wooden stage and drink from the Otowa Waterfall’s three different streams, which promise longevity, success at school and romantic success. After visiting the temple, end the day finding the best souvenirs in the historic shopping streets nearby.
*Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall may not be visible.
From Kiyomizu-dera Temple, participants will be dropped off at Kyoto Station, then to hotels.
Customise this tour with one of our travel consultants today!
We believe that every trip to Japan should be unique, comfortable, and full of memories that last a lifetime. Our experienced travel consultants are available to help you create your dream holiday.
Length: Half day (5 hours)
Visiting places: Fushimi Inari Taisha, Sanjusangen-do Temple, Kiyomizu-dera Temple
Departing from: Kyoto
Price: EUR 60,-
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will not be possible due to traffic.
- From the parking area, participants will walk to the Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way).
- Depending on road conditions and traffic congestion, the order of activities and arrival times may vary.
- Seats may not be allocated.
- A sedan or taxi van may be used instead of a bus, depending on the number of attendees.
- Meeting point is the Sunrise Tours Desk inside Avanti (across from Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit) at 13:20
- Admission fees and transportation costs